It has been a while since my last post as I have been working on swaps and other goodies for Convention. It sounds like I should have made a 100 (like a super efficient friend has done), but I only managed to do 20. Obviously, I am not cut out for the production line - just as well I don't get paid by the piece in my day job! Now that I am actually at Convention (yay!) I can show you what I have been making.
I have used the fab Framelits Labels to die cut a frame and which has been mounted onto a larger label die cut. As I was cutting out quite a few frames, I found it easier to set the two label dies in position with some sticky tape. Put some more tape on the sticky side so that it doesn't stick to your card stock and it works a treat. Make sure you don't overlap the tape on inner edge of the die as it does leave an indent mark on your card. I have used Watercolour Crayons and a blender pen to colour the image. This is a technique I haven't used before with Crayons, but it gives a pastel-type look, I think. Anyway, here it is.
|Stamps||Bordering on Romance, Petite Pairs, Kindness Matters|
|Card stock & Papers||Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Vellum Paper|
|Ink||Early Espresso, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder|
|Tools||Finial Press EF, Framelit Labels dies, Big Shot, Large Oval punch, Blender Pen, Watercolour Crayons, Sponge Daubers, Clear EP, Bashful Blue marker, Dimensionals, Heat Gun|
I will be back tomorrow to show you how I turned this design into a card for my Convention roomies.